"Hi there and thanks a lot for visiting my blog. DFTBA!"

3/07/2012

Paper towns by John Green

book: Paper towns
written by: John Green
genres: young adult, romance, life
pages: 304
own / library / borrowed
release date: October 16th, 2008
series? nope
publisher: Dutton Juvenile


note: John Green is and remains the god of writing. I love his books, and by that I mean all of them! Still, even after reading Paper Towns, The Fault in our Stars is my favourite, but I haven't read Looking for Alaska yet...


the book: 
When Margo Roth Spiegelman beckons Quentin Jacobsen in the middle of the night - dressed like a ninja and plotting an ingenious campaign of revenge - he follows her. Margo's always planned extravagantly, and, until now, she's always planned solo. After a lifetime of loving Margo from afar, things are finally looking up for Q . . . until day breaks and she has vanished. Always an enigma, Margo has now become a mystery. But there are clues. And they're for Q. (summary from goodreads)


my review:
This is one more of John Green's genius novels, and altough I think this is the worst one he has written, I still loved it! The characters were, again, great. They had lots of humor you could read about in the things they said, and they were like real people, which I think is great. This is again a totally realistic book, something I do usually dislike, but love when John Green writes it :)
In this book Q is looking for Margo (whose name I love, since I'm called Margot), who just seems to have disappeared. She is his friend from childage, who has not spoken to him for a decade. And with that is meant a real, total, decade! Then, just at once, she appears in front of a window, and takes him out on a night full of awesome adventures and revenge. She is crazy, but in a positive way, I think :) There are some things that really show that her character is awesome, and that are really funny, Like her strange Use of Capitalisation and her love for random facts and, of course, as in all John Green books, books and poetry. Then there is Q, and he is funny in his own way. His hate for prom and other high school things is hilarious, because all his friends are obsessed with the stuff he hates. 
I think Jogh Green's novels show the world that you don't have to be beautiful or super smart to get friends and live an awesome life full of adventures. His characters are just normal people, with normal crazy parents, normal problems and still he can make them the most interesting people alive, and that makes John Green the god of writing!!!
A paper town is a town that does exsist on a map, but not in real life. There is nobody living in there *or something* I did not know that while reading the book, and now that I know it, it all makes sense xD I really should translate or look up the title of a book before reading it, because this happens to me all the time... I wish English were my mother tongue, or at least that I know more English words... 
And OMG how awesome is it when your parents have the biggest collection of Black Santas in the world?! Things like that always appear in John Green's books, and they make me laugh over and over, because I keep on thinking what would happen if my parents were like that, always collecting Black Santas. Radar's *awesome name* parents are obsessed with black santas xD Sorry but I can just keep on saying 'world's biggest collection of black santas' and keep on imagining my room filled with all those santas xD *enough about the santas, everything else I type about them will be deleted :D*
I think I can continue talking about this book for hours and hours, but I will not bore you with my rambling :D


rating:
5 stars, dôh :) and then I think this is John Green's least genius book. You can imagine how awesome I think the other ones are xD I really need to real Looking for Alaska soon, people keep on recommending it to me xD


ciao, 
xo Mar

1 comment:

Theta Sigma said...

I got this book along with Amy & Roger's Epic Detour which both have a travelogue type of them to it, so I'm really looking forward to it - especially after reading TFIOS.