"Hi there and thanks a lot for visiting my blog. DFTBA!"

3/28/2012

Chosen by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

book: Chosen
written by: P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
series? House of night #3
genres: young adult, romance, fantasy
pages: 307
own / library / borrowed
publication date: March 1st, 2008
publisher: St. Martins press


note: This review will include spoilers for part 1 and 2 in the series. I did not review them. I did not hate, them, but did not love them, either. Just neutral, I guess :)


the book: 
Dark forces are at work at the House of Night and fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird’s adventures at the school take a mysterious turn. Those who appear to be friends are turning out to be enemies. And oddly enough, sworn enemies are also turning into friends. So begins the gripping third installment of this “highly addictive series” (Romantic Times), in which Zoey’s mettle will be tested like never before. Her best friend, Stevie Rae, is undead and struggling to maintain a grip on her humanity. Zoey doesn’t have a clue how to help her, but she does know that anything she and Stevie Rae discover must be kept secret from everyone else at the House of Night, where trust has become a rare commodity. Speaking of rare: Zoey finds herself in the very unexpected and rare position of having three boyfriends. Mix a little bloodlust into the equation and the situation has the potential to spell social disaster. Just when it seems things couldn’t get any tougher, vampyres start turning up dead. Really dead. It looks like the People of Faith, and Zoey’s horrid step-father in particular, are tired of living side-by-side with vampyres. But, as Zoey and her friends so often find out, how things appear rarely reflects the truth…

review:
Okay, to be honest, I am getting a little tired with all the vampire stuff. *wow, did I really just type that? :o* Luckily, House of Night is not the usual vampire stuff. *okay, actually it is*
I stopped reading this series after part 2, but I picked up book 3 because one of my friends who doesn't like to read at all recommended it to me. And when someone doesn't like to read but still likes a book, it must be very good, right?
So the storie of Zoey, the super-annoying whiny girl / slut continues. She has got everything you can want as a vampire fledgling. She's got friends, she's healty and she's very powerful. Those 3 things make her very popular. Still, I think a real girl like her won't get any friends. She's so ho-ish. I mean, she's got 3 boyfriends :o *no, that's not a typo, I actually meant 3* And the funny thing is, they're all different species. One is human, one is fledgling and one is vampyre. She's so lucky *ahem* I mean, 3 boyfriends, and neither of them cares, even tough most of them know about each other. And then Zoey is there, and she knows she has to break up with at least 2 of them, and she just is so weak that she cant. I mean, she is the most powerful fledgling there is, but she cant just break up with 2 of her boyfriends? I mean, she won't lose her real boyfriend or something.. If everyone on that school were like her, there wouldn't be enough boys on the world to be their boyfriends. And that would be horrible, wouldn't it? :)
Okay but enough about Zoey. The actual story told in this book wasn't that bad c: Zoey's life gets more miserable, and I don't care, since I don't like her anyway. But it's her own problem. Who the Hell gets 3 boyfriends?! *sorry, it just freaked me out. A LOT*
There were the 3 boyfriends, Erik, Heath and Loren. Zoey should have gotten rid of Heath long before, but they are bound with their souls or something. Erik is the hot fledgling boy, and the one she should be with. He is the one that "knows her as she is, understands where she has been, accepts what she has become, and still allows her to grow" (Shakespeare ^^) And then there is Loren. He's the super hot TEACHER *goddamn Zoey* crushing on your teacher is not okay. Kissing your teacher is worse.
Back to the main story, that is mainly about the 3 boyfriends and the dead Stevie Rae, IMO. Okay, so Stevie Rae is not-quite-dead after all. *intersting twist in the plot*
Well, life at the house of night continues, and so does this series full of Drama. A quick read with lots of interesting twists in the plot and a great ending!

rating: 3 stars!

have you read the house of night series?

Love, Mar


8 comments:

emaginette said...

Okay, two things. One, is the rating three out of five, because that means the story is just passable. Not great, but doesn't suck. Second, did you like the story? I mean anyone who wants to date lots of guys can if she wants to, did the author make all this dating fun, or interesting or both?

I wanna know. :-)

Mar said...

Okay, I gave it 3 stars because of the story, which I kinda liked a lot :) So the story and writing style averaged on about 4 stars, and I substracted 1 star for the characters ;)
And the dating was... well, you could call it interesting or just crazy xD Maybe the author wanted to state a 'how not to date' example :D

thx for the comment
xoMar

Amber said...

Dr aluda I LOVE YOU xxxxxxxxx YOU ARE THE BEST . This is a fantastic web site. It is the best site I have ever been in. I am not really sure how I found this website actually. Thank you for helping me to get my lovely partner back in my life. I am so blessed that you used a non forceful way of uniting and reuniting us together. Our past, presence and future seems to have all merged into one. I have to say wholeheartedly I believe that Dr aluda is a very gifted individual and gentility his second nature. I have received the most rewarding and spiritual experience whilst conversing with him on the telephone. You have removed the extra baggage that has been affecting us and holding us back. This man is for REAL. He did whatever magic he did, and in 48 hours later, I had my husband back! It was like a miracle! and we’re doing very, very well, and his love for me keeps burning! Love and Many Blessings Back to You! here is his email address: aludaspelltemple@gmail.com Claudia Talbot. USA.

Amber said...

Dr Aluda, Here is my testimony from my Heart Warming indebted Client (Miranda Hammond from United states) Sir i had to write back to you though I am at work now to let you know that your spell has successfully worked, and he has returned back to me just as you said it sir. A beautiful bud vase of red roses was just brought to my place of work from the man I contacted you about on Dec 1st. Sir i am so happy to tell it to the whole world now that he returned back to me through your powerful spells yesterday at about 4:00pm. Everything worked out just the way you said it. No more doubt. Because Dr Aluda realizes we were meant to be, and that we were meant to be. This is actually hard for me to believe now. It’s shocking!! Thank you so much Dr Aluda for Casting your magical powers on me, and for reuniting me and my ex together with your utmost powers. You can contact him through his website for help. aludaspelltemple@gmail.com

Amber said...

Dr Aluda, Here is my testimony from my Heart Warming indebted Client (Miranda Hammond from United states) Sir i had to write back to you though I am at work now to let you know that your spell has successfully worked, and he has returned back to me just as you said it sir. A beautiful bud vase of red roses was just brought to my place of work from the man I contacted you about on Dec 1st. Sir i am so happy to tell it to the whole world now that he returned back to me through your powerful spells yesterday at about 4:00pm. Everything worked out just the way you said it. No more doubt. Because Dr Aluda realizes we were meant to be, and that we were meant to be. This is actually hard for me to believe now. It’s shocking!! Thank you so much Dr Aluda for Casting your magical powers on me, and for reuniting me and my ex together with your utmost powers. You can contact him through his website for help. aludaspelltemple@gmail.com

Unknown said...

An amazing testimony on a spell caster who brought my wife back to me.. My name is Dani Santo,i live in United Kngdom,and I'm happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids.A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife.so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce.she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she didn't love me anymore.So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife.So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.{supremetemple@hotmail.com}. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day.What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who didn't call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back.So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website {supremetemple@hotmail.com},if">{supremetemple@hotmail.comm},if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to the Dr PAPAr for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again. {supremetemple@hotmail.com}, Thanks..

Unknown said...


I go by the name mccart i won $100,000 in the power ball lottery, I took an advice from some person who talked about this great spell caster called Dr Iyaryi the person placed a testimonies on a blog saying how Dr Iyaryi helped him win the lottery by sending him the winning number i was curious and i thought it was all joke not until i contacted this spell caster to know for myself how this work cause i have spend a lot buying tickets and i never win. I contacted him and he told me the necessary thing that need to be done and i did it and he told me to wait for 3days and truly he gave me the winning numbers to play the lottery which i did, Can you believe my name was the first among winners. He told me (my son all i need you to do for me is make sure that you share this testimonies to others so that they can also win the lottery cause i do not have much time to spell on the internet) so that is why i am sharing this testimony with you that if you want to win the lottery this is the way online tips can not help you traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com is the only answer to that your problem of winning the lottery

Unknown said...

I'm 61 years old. I contracted HPV in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr voodoo herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr. voodoo he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr. voodoo make it possible for me. Here is Dr. voodoo email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2348140120719 he is welled capable of curing terrible diseases.