"Hi there and thanks a lot for visiting my blog. DFTBA!"

3/22/2012

I'd tell you I love you, but then I'd have to kill you by Ally Carter

book: I'd tell you I love you, but then I'd have to kill you
written by: Ally Carter
series? Gallagher Girls #1
genres: young adult, romance, chicklit
pages: 284
own / library / netgalley
publication date: April 25th, 2006
publisher: Disney-Hyperion press


note: Thanks to Disney-Hiperion press and Netgalley for giving me the oppotunity to read this exiting book with an amazing but awfully long title. It had been on my TBR list for a very long time.


the book:
Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies. Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?


Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she's on her most dangerous mission-falling in love.

my review: 
This book is epic! Cammie Morgan is the teenage girl version of James Bond, or whatever awesome spy there is out there. She is super smart, can do about everything she wants. But what does she do? Fall in love, of course. The one and only thing she doesn't know everything about. The one thing that will put her into a series of awkward positions.
The Gallagher academy seems like this boarding school for rich girls. But nothing is like it appears to be. People from town think that every girl from Gallagher academy is spoiled, and that they all are daddy's girls. In some way, they are right. The girls from Gallagher academy are not normal... 
Cammie is a great character, or at least she is for about 90%. She is a genius, she has friends and a great sense of humor. But her love at the first sight really annoys me... *sigh* She turns into such a stupid little girl when she falls in love. Nothing matters to her anymore. And that while her whole relationship consists of lies. How can you lie to the person you love? To me it just seems impossible. Not that I never lie, just that I can't lie to the people I love most. Maybe it's just me, but still... And yes, I know that she was educated to be able to lie, like a spy. But whatever.
The pace was perfect, as was the writing style. Ally Carter didn't lose my interest once while I was reading this book! The plot is very intersting. A boarding school for geniuses that are going-to-be spies. Girls that can speak 14 languages, including Swahili :o And of course, a forbidden love...
I think the title is perfect for this book, only, it is so long :o I'd tell you I love you, but then I'd have to kill you. Seriously, it might be the longes title I've ever seen. *now I'm exaggerating... just a little :)* and the cover looks amazing and goes with the book very well!
I can't say how much I regret not picking up this book earlier. I really needed a book like this 2 years ago, so that I'd have never read Twilight... *sorry if you like Twilight...*


This book is full of humorous dialogues, action and girliness. A very interesting and funny book I'd recommend to every teenage girl that loves to read!


rating: 
4 stars


xo Mar

No comments: