"Hi there and thanks a lot for visiting my blog. DFTBA!"

3/23/2012

The Hunger Games movie release day!

The Hunger Games movie release date!


Hi! It's a very important day today :) Or at least, it is for people who love the Hunger games that live in a country that has the film release today. I was very lucky, I have already seen it :D One of the not-so-many advantages of living in the Nerherlands


The Hunger Games - Movie blurb:
In a not-too-distant future, North America has collapsed, weakened by drought, fire, famine, and war to be replaced by Panem, a country divided into the Capitol and 12 districts. Each year two young representatives from each district are selected by lottery to participate in The Hunger Games. Part entertainment, part brutal intimidation of the subjugated districts, the televised games are broadcast throughout Panem. The 24 participants are forced to eliminate their competitors, literally, with all citizens required to watch. When 16-year-old Katniss' (Jennifer Lawrence) young sister, Prim (Willow Shields), is selected as the mining district's female representative, Katniss volunteers to take her place. She and her male counterpart Peeta (Josh Hutcherson), will be pitted against bigger, stronger representatives who have trained for this their whole lives. (source - imdb.com)

my thoughts: 
well, Directly after I read the book *this was in July 2011* I looked the title up on imdb, as I always do. And I was astonished by the fact that the screenplay had already been written, and the actors had already been cast. Ever since, I followed all news about the Hunger Games. This cost lots of time, but honestly I did not care! The blurb on imdb looked great, and it seemed as if the movie was goint to be just like the book. And that would of course be fantastic, since the book was one of my favourites on 2011. I was a little worried that the movie would be rated 16 in the beginning. But when I started thinking about that, I knew that wasn't going to happen, because the target audience on the Hunger games is teens. It'd be very strange if they couldn't go to the movie...

the cast: 
Katniss Everdeen- Jennifer Lawrence
Katniss and Peeta <3
Peeta Mellark - Josh Huncherson
Gale Hawthorne - Liam Hemsworth
Primrose Everdeen - Willow Shields
Cinna - Lenny Kravitz (YAY)
Effie Trinket - Elizabeth Banks
Haymitch Abernathy - Woody Harrelson
Rue - Amandla Stenberg

Main tributes and Gale
these are the characters I think are the most important in the Hunger Games... I was worried when I saw that Jennifer Lawrence was cast for the role of Katniss. I thought she'd never be like I thought Katniss would be. I was completely wrong, as it turns out. She was the perfect Katniss! And the boys cast for the roles of Peeta and Gale both are very hot and perfectly casted for the roles, so I had no problems with them at all. Willow Shields also was casted perfectly, as was Amandla Stenberg. Both of them just are so totally adorable little girls, even though they are almost my age... Then there was Lenny Kravitz, who was cast for the role of Cinna. I love Lenny Kravitz' music, so this made me very happy! Elizabeth Banks also worried me a little. But then I saw her as Effie, and immediately all my worries faded! And, last but definitely not least, Woody Harrelson was cast as Haymitch. This was the best choice the casting people could have made. Haymitch has always been my favourite character, and I was very happy when I saw that he would be played by an actor who looked so much like I'd expected him to look!

and then they finally arrived. The movie trailers!
And Oh. My. God. the movie looked so good! If you haven't seen them or just want to see them again; here they are!
and yeah, this made me want to watch The hunger games even more badly. If that was possible... So I continued on following the news and stuff, and started stalking all actors via twitter. *okay, not stalking, just listening to whatever they wanted to share :)*

Every time a new movie poster came, I changed my laptop and phone background. 

and then finally it was time for the movie!
It was Wednesday the 21st of March, and the Hunger Games got into premiere in the Netherlands. I had to go to school first, but after that I went to the cinema. Surprisingly, the cinema was almost empty. That was not because no-one goes to the cinema in the Netherlands. It's just that the Hunger Games arent well-known in the Netherlands at all. But it didn't matter to me. I was going!

When, after all commercials, the movie finally started, I was super happy. Finally, the moment I'd been waiting for since July! I was a little worried, didn't I expect too much? But I wasn't disappointed at all. 

I will not spoil it for you * I mean the movie * but most of the movie is just like the book. And I'm very happy about that. Haymitch still is my favourite character! 

I will talk a little about my favourite scene in the movie. It was the scene in which Rue died. Katniss sung a song, and I was very, very quietly talking to myself. Don'tcryDon'tcryDon'tcry. But not crying was nearly impossible. The scene was just so moving!

Effie Trinket and her strange but awesome Capitol look
The dresses and outfits that were on fire were not done as good as I expected. They were not realistic at all, and that is one of the very few things that disappionted me about this movie. Aside of the dress, the clothing was great! The capitol fashion looked great. Everyone had a different haircolour, and everyone had to look different. It just looked so funny to see 20 people standing next to each other, all of them with different hair colours and ridiculous clothes! 

There were no very bloody scenes in this movie. Of course, there were a lot of people killed, but you couldn't really see it, the biggest part of it was your own imagination. And this was, of course, done on purpose. If there'd been too many bloody scenes in the movie, it would've been rated R, which means that the target audience would not be able to watch the movie...

I am still mind-blown by this movie, and I will be for a long time. It's just like one of the last Harry Potter movies. You should go see it! Go buy yout movie tickets online now :)  

A 5-star movie!

Have you already seen the movie? Or do you want to see it ASAP? Or aren't you going to watch it?

 Happy Hunger Games release day!

May the odds be ever in your favor!

xo Mar

1 comment:

Giselle said...

I loved this movie SO MUCH!! I wouldn't change a thing it's the best book to movie ever in my opinion. And that scene at the end!! I almost shit my PANTS!! AAH loved it!! Great post!