"Hi there and thanks a lot for visiting my blog. DFTBA!"

1/23/2012

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

book: Will Grayson, Will Grayson
written by: John Green and David Levithan
genre: teen drama, romance, gay, ya
pages: 310
own / library / borrowed
release date: April 6th, 2010
series?: nope
publisher: Dutton Juvenile


note: I just slapped myself a zillion times because I was so stupid I had never picked up this book before. Seriously, read this book. Read it now! Wait, don't go yet, first read my review ;)


the book:
Will Grayson meets Will Grayson. Except their names and the language they speak they do not have a lot in common. Actually, they don't have anything in common. At all. The book is written from both Will Grayson and will grayson 's points of view. *see the difference in capitals c:* Will Grayson is a normal boy, but his best friend is anything but normal. Tiny is as gay as possible, and he's directing a musical about himself. Then you have will grayson. He is depressed, and his only real friend is Isaac, a boy he met via the internet. Then they meet each other, and their lives intertwine. 


my review:
O.M.G. is it possible to love a book as much as I did love this one? I want to hug this book. I want Will and will and Tiny to be my best friends. I want to meet them. 
I liked will grayson more than Will Grayson, but both of them are very strong characters. will grayson is a very interesting character because he is a very unique person. He has gone through a lot of shit in his life, and is depressed. But still he is funny, even tough the things he says include lots of 'fuck' *which only made it funnier for me* Will Grayson, however, is more serious. Like you expect a boy to be, if you are a girl. He is normal, does not confess that he's in love with the girl. He does not really like his best friend. He does not see how important everyone is until they let go of him and he's all alone. 
Tiny is the most awesome gay dude, and I want to meet him! He has his own musical, is out of the closet and has his own Gay-Straight Alliance. He is always positive and very lady-like. He is just like Kurt from the tv-series Glee, only he is not a fragile dude, but a big football player.
The way this book was written was super! This is a very quick read. The chapters of Will Grayson are written  with capitals, while the chapters of will grayson aren't. Also, there are the dialogues written like it's a play. Great.
And the ending was just perfect. It made me talk to the book. "I appreciate you, Tiny Cooper!"


total:
I cannot give this book less than 5/5 stars, but if I could I would!


recommendation to:
Everyone (also adults) aged 13 up!

No comments: