"Hi there and thanks a lot for visiting my blog. DFTBA!"

2/28/2012

BOOK NEWS: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

Hi Everyone :)


I have not posted much on my blog lately. This is not due to lack of interest ;) I was ill for almost a week , but I'm doing great now. And yesterday I saw something great on Tumblr. Cassandra Clare posted the chapter titles for City of Lost Souls, part 5 in the Mortal Instruments. They are epic awesomeness!


City of Lost Souls Chapter Titles

Prologue: Consecrated
Chapter One: The Last Council
In which we meet some new characters
Chapter Two: Thorns
A place shaped like a heart is full of thorns and roses — Yeats
Chapter Three: Bad Angels
Along the wall were the pegs where the residents of the Institute hung their coats when they came inside: one of Jace’s black jackets still dangled from a hook, the sleeves empty and ghostly
Chapter Four: And Immortality
Lead us from the unreal to the real,” she read aloud. “Lead us from darkness to light. Lead us from death to immortality.” 
Chapter Five: Valentine’s Son
he knew perfectly well that Sebastian had kissed her
Chapter Six: No Weapon in this World
“Quick! To the weapons room!” (Okay, not really)
Chapter Seven: A Sea-Change
Of his bones are coral made; Those are pearls that were his eyes: Nothing of him that doth fade. But doth suffer a sea-change. Into something rich and strange — The Tempest
Chapter Eight: Fire Tests Gold
Ignus aurum probat
Chapter Nine: The Iron Sisters
What it says
Chapter Ten: The Wild Hunt
Chapter Eleven: Ascribe All Sin
“I don’t think I can do it,” Alec said miserably. “I’m sorry.”
Chapter Twelve: The Stuff of Heaven
The stuff of heaven in this case is the substance the demon towers are made out of, sometimes called adamant
Chapter Thirteen: The Bone Chandelier
Chapter Fourteen: As Ashes
in the dimness, he looked very like the boy she had known in Idris before the Circle had been formed
Chapter Fifteen: Last of the Morgensterns
You and I, we are the last. The last of the Morgensterns.
Chapter Sixteen: Brothers and Sisters
He’d been pacing his apartment for the last hour, sometimes taking his phone out to see if Maia had texted
Chapter Seventeen: Valediction
Our two souls therefore, which are one
Chapter Eighteen: Title Too Spoilery
Chapter Nineteen; Love and Blood
“You did,” he said. “You slept with him.”
Chapter Twenty: A Door into the Dark
All I know is a door into the dark. (Seamus Heaney)
Chapter Twenty-One Raising Hell
If I cannot otherwise reach Heaven, I will raise Hell.
Epilogue

How awesome is that? I want to read City of Lost Souls now! Why do I have to wait until its release date, which is in May ;c

xo Mar

3 comments:

The Romance Bookie said...

SOOOO excited for this book! In my top 5 to look forward to this year! :)

Thanks for posting this!

I might borrow this (giving you credit of course), and post it on my blog too :)

roro said...

cool
hope u get it soon

Sverige said...

I just LOVE this series. I'm totally adddicted to it and love the characters so much that I wish this series NEVER ends. I just can't get enough of Jace, Simon, Clary, Alec and even Sebastian/Jonathan, I love how we get to know him better, I think he is my favorite character of this book ... well, putting the evil thing aside.

There was plenty of action and romance (as always and we love it!) Never a dull moment in the whole book. For me this 5th book was better than 'City of Fallen Angels', not that I didn't enjoy the 4th book but I thought there was something missing, which doesn't happen in 'City of Lost Souls'.