"Hi there and thanks a lot for visiting my blog. DFTBA!"

4/05/2012

The Vampire diaries the Awakening and the Struggle by L.J. Smith

book: The Awakening and the Struggle
written by: L.J. Smith
series? The Vampire diaries #1 & #2
genres: paranormal romance, young adult
pages: 492
publication date: July 26th, 2007
publisher: HarperTeen


first thoughts:
I loved the TV series *watching season 3 now* and I had been thinking about picking this book up for a long time, so when I walked into the library and I saw it on their shelves, I just couldn't leave it there. So I borrowed it. And I read it :) *wasn't that obvious*


the book:
Elena: the golden girl, the leader, the one who can have any boy she wants.


Stefan: brooding and mysterious, he seems to be the only one who can resist Elena, even as he struggles to protect her from the horrors that haunt his past.


Damon: sexy, dangerous, and driven by an urge for revenge against Stefan, the brother who betrayed him. Determined to have Elena, he'd kill to possess her.

my review:
Well, first of all, after seeing the TV series this was very confusing. The books were nothing like the TV series, but I think that was a good thing. Otherwise I'd already know what was going to happen and stuff, and now it was all one big surprise. Great!
The characters are great here, even though they are the usual love triangle. 
The standard recipe for a love triangle:
1) take a beautiful girl that can't choose between boy a) and boy b)
2) take 2 boys ( a and b) that both love the girl. One should be sweet and kind, and kind of boring. The other one, however, should be a total bad boy from the outside, who's actually sweet from the inside, but never shows. 
3) now add a lot of drama and awkwardness, and your love triangle is complete!
The love triangle in this book was very much like that, but I honestly didn't care. The amazing thing about the vampire diaries is that it includes vampires, witches and all other kinds of things, but still is easy to read and easy to process for your brains.
The first and second book both were equally great, IMO. I couldn't stop reading this.
I can't review part 2 properly without spoiling part 1, so I won't do that :s
Well, I prefered part 2 over part 1, which is very strange, because most of the times I don't like sequels at all, but this one was good, mainly because Damon was in it <3 *sigh*
The girl *Elena* was a little bit whiny at some parts of the book, but not annoyingly whiny, if you get what I mean. The love triangle in this book was not boring. It wasn't a triangle, actually, more like a 2 hot boys 1 hot girl book. Most of the times those books are just not my thing, but these ones definitely were!
After reading this, I watched a new episode of the Vampire Diaries, and I immediately saw things I had never seen, because of the new info the book had given to me. So that was awesometastic, because I love the tv show :)


A must for every The Vampire Diaries fan, and definitely not boring when you've already watched the series!


rating: 4.5 stars


xo Mar

2 comments:

emaginette said...

Have to tweet this one. :-)

I hate to do this, but it is better to invite someone twice than to forget entirely. Have you followed me over yet? My new url is:

http://emaginette.wordpress.com/

The door is open, just walk on in. :-)

breitling replica said...

I appreciate your blogs,Thanks for sharing!