"Hi there and thanks a lot for visiting my blog. DFTBA!"

4/25/2012

Interrupted by Rachel Coker

Interrupted: Life Beyond Wordsbook: Interrupted
written by: Rachel Coker
series: none
genres: young adult, historial fiction
pages: 320
publication date: February 14th, 2012
publisher: Zondervan Publishers

the book:
Can love really heal all things? If Sam Carroll hadn't shown up, she might have been able to get to her mother in time. Instead, Allie Everly finds herself at a funeral, mourning the loss of her beloved mother. She is dealt another blow when, a few hours later, she is sent from Tennessee to Maine to become the daughter of Miss Beatrice Lovell, a prim woman with a faith Allie cannot accept. Poetry and letters written to her mother become the only things keeping Allie's heart from hardening completely. But then Sam arrives for the summer, and with him comes many confusing emotions, both toward him and the people around her. As World War II looms, Allie will be forced to decide whether hanging on to the past is worth losing her chance to be loved


first thoughts:
Thanks a lot to Zondervan publishers and Netgalley for givin me the oppotunity to read this book. I had heard great things about it, and it lived up to my expectations :) And the cover is great, right?


my review:
Allie is just the average teen girl, or at least she is from the outside. When I got to know more about her complicated family situation, I immediately got a lot of respect for her. I would never be able to take care of my mother, live my own life, and all of that while I have my own portion of drama and problems.
Then there is the other important character, Sam. He is that boy next door that is also your friend. And even though you might hate him sometimes, he is the one that you love unconditionally.
I found the plot of this book rather interesting. It was set during the second world war, and that is something that I always find pretty depressing, but actually it wasn't. I haven't read a lot of books that were set during the second world war ánd were set in America. Most of the WW2 books I have read were about the war in Europe. The war didn't sound that bad in America in this book, which of course was mainly because the book wasn't about the war at all...
The story in this book was written great, and it was all very easy and enjoyable to read, so that's a great thing! The characters weren't annoying. Only the stubbornness of Allie was irritating in some parts of the book, but it was her main charactersistic, so I completely understood it :)
The pace of the book was great, and easy to keep up with. Also it was great that every chapter began with a Emily Dickinson quote. I like poetry, even though I don't understand it most of the times *sigh*


Final thoughts:
a lovely romantic story with amazing characters that most teenage girls will find themselves in.


rating:
3.5 stars


xo Mar

2 comments:

bookworm105 said...

Ths sounds great! Thanks for the review. :)

Mar said...

and thank you for the comment :)